About this blog: I do not usually do this. I am hoping to have great success this time because I have much to say and would like to have a place to say what is on my mind without having a lot of bad mouth back at me. (unless warranted-it could happen) I am at a new place in my life and would like to start fresh with a new lease on life and what I can offer it and what it can offer me in return. A little background: I have just celebrated my 37th birthday this past week. I have been married to the same wonderful man for 17 and 1/2 years. Together, we have 3 beautiful children (Two boys 12 and 7, One girl 3). I have just completed my Associates Degree over the summer and am continuing with online classes in pursuit of a Bachelors Degree in Economics. After my husband graduated in May, we had no clue where we were going. God is showing us big things because he accepted a job as head church planter in a whole other state (14 hours away from home). While I do miss my family, I am totally si...
Okay so today was a little different. I pretty much stayed in my pajamas most of the day, however I still worked on my list. I began my day with a mild stretching workout and it made me feel really good. I continued down my list and then got tired so I took a nap while listening to calming music. I must point out that this was just a nap and not a keep lying in the bed and feeling sorry for myself kind of thing. I have been known to do that and I am making an honest effort not to do that and pushing myself to do more than I am capable of or that I think I am capable of at the moment. I got up and took a refreshing shower while listening to 70's dance music (YES it was rocking!). There were many greats and many I wanted to reference for today but I ended on one of my favorites that keep on motivating me from childhood until now. Earth, Wind, and Fire - "Shining Star" " You're a shining star No matter who you are Shining bright to see What you could ...
Well, today is my 1 year surgiversary. My journey started in December of 2013. I weighed 330, my BMI was 58.5 and was in really bad shape physically. Before surgery, I lost 50 pounds and was on a variety of medications and machines. September 22, 2014 I went in for surgery. My pre-surgery weight was 280 and I measured my body. As of today: I weigh 180, my BMI is 31.9, and I have lost a total of 79.25 inches off my body. Incredible. I would like to take full credit, but I cannot. God has been my main source of strength. My awesome host of family, friends, and co-workers have been my incredible source of hope, motivation, and support. I love them all. I don't know what the future holds regarding any further loss, but I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I am still working towards my goal of 145, however I am happy to be where I am. Thanks to all who have gotten me here and praise goes to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to finish a great work. Things to keep in mind: 1....
Comments