Vacation is Coming

One more work day left until vacation starts. I have enjoyed my precious alone time with my husband of 25 years (next week), but I am missing my children. I can't wait to see them and to visit family and friends over the next week. We will hopefully be in NC sometime tomorrow evening and will be there for a whole week. I am excited, not for the driving part but for the fellowship of family and friends that I have not seen in quite some time.

Work update: I started a new position last week, however I will not be able to fully get into the role until later in July due to vacation and having to cover phones when I get back. I am looking forward to new responsibilities. Right now, I pretty much have nothing to do until that happens. Oh well, I will be so thankful that I have a job and anticipate the coming work that will greet me upon my return from vacation.

Family update: Lee and I will celebrate 25 years of being married next week while on vacation. I love this man so much. He is my best friend and who God created for me. Geoffry finally has his car and he and his wife Becca are trying to look at future options for their own place very soon. Their son, my grandson Marcus is a joy and I am very much looking forward to holding him when I get to NC. Christopher has been at camp all this week and is still involved with Boy Scouts, has passed his grade, and as of the end of school has a girlfriend. Jamie has been enjoying the summer in NC for the last several weeks. Like I said, I can't wait to see my children. I have missed their presence. Kobi and Penny are still good. They will most likely not be speaking to us when we get back for leaving them for so long.

Weight update: Nothing much to update. I have stayed steady at 170. I would like to go further, but that would require further surgery to remove excess skin. I'm not sure I can afford it so I will be elated with my progress. I am comfortable with myself as I am. I have lost a solid 160 pounds since December of 2013. I have more to work on, but don't we all? When I get back from vacation, I will again re-start my healthy options and routines. It is all about re-starting every day and allowing yourself something small. I say small because a treat every day is not optimal for healthy living, but maybe one per week or per month would be better. I would like to have an exercise routine that works for me and my schedule. One that does not require thinking too much or planning in advance-just doing.

I will leave you today with a quote I put in a previous blog several years ago. I am going to post this in my cubicle at work and then at home as well so I can remind myself every day that God is my #1 and I need to make it so in my life.


“If I could give everyone only one piece of advice it would be the following, ‘Greet each day by sliding out of bed and hitting your knees. Tell God how much you love Him and thank Him for everything you can think of. Then give Him your day, energy, passion, desire, and needs. Talk to Him throughout your day. Turn off the radio while you drive and picture Him sitting beside you. Tell Him what is on your mind and ask Him advice. Then wait for the answer. He is faithful to always respond...we often simply assume He will not. Finally, treat each day with the desire to make your Heavenly Father smile. I like to close my eyes and picture my actions bringing a smile to His face.’” Dr. Jill Jones, DOD- 08/08/2010. RIP to you and your son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Journey - The New Real Me

The New Me

THE MORE I TRY TO CHANGE THINGS, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.