Strange New Day

I am starting my day off kind of strangely. I got up as usual, washed my face, brushed my teeth, took my vitamin, ate breakfast. Then...nothing. No work today. I have been temporarily laid off. There's absolutely nothing they could do about it. Until our governor signs the state budget, I will continue to be laid off. I am glad the government will be able to continue to get paid. I would hate it for "them" if they had to go without for a while. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we will go without. God has graciously always provided for us and I don't expect him to stop now. We will be taken care of, it will just be tight for a while. Anyways, I will act like I am working and take care of the behind housework and church work that I have to do. I will play with my children and teach them this summer that we can still have fun on a budget. I will spend quality time with my handsome husband. Most importantly, I will spend time with God reflecting and learning about him and myself. I will miss my co-workers, but hopefully it won't be for long.
Update on weight loss journey:

I am at a plateau right now so I will readjust and keep moving. I am happy with myself and all I have accomplished with God's help. I am thankful for all the support from family and friends. But I will push on and try to lose the remaining weight I have. I have 3 months until my yearly checkup and 43 pounds to go until my goal weight. I can do this.

Family update:

Lee and I just celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary.

Chris is leaving the boy scouts (not for him).

Jamie will start soccer soon.

Geo and Becca will welcome Marcus Allan Modlin into the world in about a month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Journey - The New Real Me

The New Me

THE MORE I TRY TO CHANGE THINGS, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.