Happy Surgiversary to Me!!!!



 Well, today is my 1 year surgiversary. My journey started in December of 2013. I weighed 330, my BMI was 58.5 and was in really bad shape physically. Before surgery, I lost 50 pounds and was on a variety of medications and machines. September 22, 2014 I went in for surgery. My pre-surgery weight was 280 and I measured my body. As of today: I weigh 180, my BMI is 31.9, and I have lost a total of 79.25 inches off my body. Incredible. I would like to take full credit, but I cannot. God has been my main source of strength. My awesome host of family, friends, and co-workers have been my incredible source of hope, motivation, and support. I love them all. I don't know what the future holds regarding any further loss, but I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I am still working towards my goal of 145, however I am happy to be where I am. Thanks to all who have gotten me here and praise goes to my Father in Heaven for allowing me to finish a great work.

Things to keep in mind:

1. Until you are ready to tackle your goal, you will be unable to accomplish it.

2. A support system is absolutely needed in order to make it to the finish line.

3. It is an inevitable truth that you will have set backs and obstacles that will try to bring you down and  you will beat  yourself up for it if you allow it.

4. You can achieve your goals if you continue the journey.

5. You need to love yourself before anyone but God can love you.

I still struggle with snacking issues and not going back to old habits, but each day is new and another chance to make it right. Sometimes I will allow myself something without beating myself up about it, but I know I have to not allow it to be a rule but an exception for a particular occasion. I hope that I can be of encouragement to others who are on their own journeys. Thanks for taking the time to keep up with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Journey - The New Real Me

The New Me

THE MORE I TRY TO CHANGE THINGS, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.