Restarting the Journey

I haven't had any updates lately so I haven't felt the need to write, but I may change my mind and try to do this more often. I finally have something to say. I have been hovering between 175 and 180 pounds for a while now and I think it is time for a change or restart. This past weekend, a close friend sold me her ticket to an Insane Inflatable 5K. It was pretty cool and we had a great time. I felt this need all of a sudden to get more active. I am not saying I haven't been active at all, but I haven't been super motivated. Being out of work has been a not so good thing for me. I know it is through no fault of my own and the folks at my place of employment hate to go through this as well, but we can't control what the governor does or does not do. Without the budget being passed, many are out of work or having to go find loans to survive. I am not depressed, but I am highly unmotivated...to do ANYTHING. Well I decided that I would try something new to get myself going again. I am calling it my 5 for 5 program. I am attempting to do basically a 5K (walking) for 5 days a week. In addition I will do various exercise videos and strength training 2-3 times per week. Finally, I will cut back on my food intake again. I haven't gone way overboard, but the snacking is getting to me and I have found myself "tasting" foods that I promised myself I would stay away from. It has caused me to stall so I will limit myself to 3 meals and 2-3 snacks with night-time snacking completely cut out. Since having surgery last year, I find it hard to drink my water completely so I will try to train myself to drink more throughout the day. So far, I have done my 5k twice this week already and went to a friend's house this morning to workout. If you read my blog at all, please pray for me as I struggle to restart my journey, as I try to stay motivated to stay busy with myself and house work, and as I make the decision to either try to wait out the governor or look for other job opportunities. We can't keep going like this for much longer and as much as I trust that God will always provide for us, I am having a hard time being patient as our finances and car situation dwindles.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Journey - The New Real Me

The New Me

THE MORE I TRY TO CHANGE THINGS, THE MORE THEY STAY THE SAME.